After the delights of our Mystery Science meeting last month, we don’t blame you for being excited to find out what British Tradition we will be celebrating at our main meeting this month.
We have the New Esperance morris dancers coming along to tell us about this folk tradition, demonstrate their art and even teach us a few moves. Wear comfy shoes and loose clothing to ensure that you can join in. Bells and scarves optional.
New Esperance are a women’s morris dancing team based in London who perform Cotswold dances in the Bledington, Fieldtown, Ilmington and Esperance traditions. If you’re surprised to hear there are women morris dancers click HERE to find out more.
If you fancy baking for our meeting crack out your best traditional recipe, and remember to keep your receipts if you’d like to be reimbursed.
Where and when is the main meeting
- We always meet at Northfields Community Centre on Northcroft Road – postcode is W13 9SS.
- Parking is limited.
- The E3 and E2 stop on Northfields Road, where it’s just a short walk to the community centre.
- It’s also only a short walk from Northfields station.
- The meeting starts at 7:30pm and as it promises to be a full and busy session we would appreciate your prompt arrival.
- Guests are welcome at £4 a meeting and you just need to turn up on the night.